Steak is what’s for dinner. One of my favorite methods of cooking steak lately. Baked low and slow, let it rest and then sear on both sides. If you know how to use an oven, heat up a skillet or a grill… you can make this amazing steak dinner with sides of your choice. I’ve been making steak like this for a while and decided it’s time to share my tips and tricks on making the juiciest and easy fool proof steak. I like to buy Rib eye steak for this, with or without the bone works. Make this for your next dinner party for your guests or for your family to enjoy.
INGREDIENTS for STEAK
1-4 pieces of bone in or boneless rib eye steak
a few sprigs of thyme per steak
sea salt, generous amount
pepper (optional) as much as you like
cooling rack or any kind of grated rack you can put in the oven works
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STEAK
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Season the steak with salt, pepper (optional), smashed garlic and a few sprigs of thyme per steak. Lay the steak on a cooling rack that is on a cookie sheet. Place in the oven in the middle rack and let it cook for 45 minutes.
2. Take the steak out and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Heat a cast iron skillet or grill to high heat to get a nice sear on each side. Sear the steak for 2-5 minutes on each side, depending on how well you like your steak. I like to do it for 2 minutes on each side to render the fat a bit and get a nice sear.
4. When you are ready to serve, slice the steak at a diagonal on a cutting board into desired thickness or leave it uncut.
The sear on this came out great. Once you have assembled your plate of sides you are ready to cut this bad boy and enjoy. let me know what you thought and how yours came out.
My favorite salad to serve with this is a GRILLED CESAR SALAD with homemade croutons and dressing. It’s super easy to make and the smoky grilling part makes the salad that much better. I hope you enjoy and give this a try.
For the croutons, while you have your grill on. Slice any nice crusty bread, like a baguette, into finger width slices, spray or toss in some olive oil. When the grill is hot enough, grill each side creating a criss cross design. Let them cool down and cut them into either squares or in half. Then you are ready to add them on top of the salad and drizzle the dressing on top and shave some fresh Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to add more goodness.
INGREDIENTS for GRILLED CESAR SALAD
romane lettuce, cut in half (1/2 per person)
olive oil for spraying on lettuce
pinch of sea salt per 1/2 of lettuce
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SALAD
1. Preheat your grill to medium high heat
2. Spray olive oil lightly on the cut pieces of lettuce.
3. Grill the cut part of the lettuce until nice grill marks form. Flip half way to create cross lines.
4. Let the lettuce rest and cool down before applying the dressing.
INGREDIENTS for CESAR DRESSING
1 pasteurized egg, at room temperature
1 cup olive oil, mild or extra virgin, your choice, at room temperature
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 clove garlic, smashed (add 1 more clove if you love garlic like me)
4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste (optional if you’re not an anchovy fan)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DRESSING
1. Put all the ingredients in a large mason jar. Make sure your egg and oil are at room temperature.
2. Put an immersion blender down into the jar, and turn on. Blend, pulling up as you go, until the dressing has emulsified. This will only take a few seconds. Give it a stir, and then taste to adjust the seasoning. Tasting is key to getting it just perfect. You may want a little more anchovy, or lemon.
3. Keep refrigerated and eat within a few weeks. You will never want to buy store bought Cesar dressing after trying this one, I promise.
Thank you for checking out my recipe. Subscribe to receive more tasty ideas and come back again. Give me a shoutout and let me know if you tried to cook your steak and salad this way. Bon Apetite.